IFPEN's site in Lyon brings together design, modeling, experimentation and development facilities in numerous fields:
- Production processes for petroleum-based fuels, synfuels and first and second-generation biofuels,
- Production of chemical intermediates from oil and biomass,
- IC/electric and hybrid engines, with specific expertise in heavy-duty vehicles,
- Offshore wind and ocean energies,
- CO2 capture and conversion.
The research conducted on the Lyon site is aimed at validating the industrial feasibility of IFPEN's processes and technologies, ensuring their reliability and guaranteeing their industrial scale-up.
The Lyon site in figures
- 800 employees, 85% of whom dedicated to R&I
- more than 80 doctoral students, post-doctoral researchers and placement students
- 90 pre-industrial pilot units
- 30 test benches, including battery test benches
- 30 models for hydrodynamic studies
- 8 engine test benches, including 3 dedicated to heavy-duty vehicles
- Molecular modeling and high-throughput experimentation tools
- 1 Bull supercomputer, the ENER110, with a power of 110 TFlops