IFPEN is developing technological solutions for offshore wind and ocean energy.
Choose the right partner for the development of new technologies.
IFPEN is collaborating with SBM Offshore, leading company in floating offshore solutions, to develop an innovative floating foundation for offshore wind turbines.
The collaboration is building on strong offshore and wind expertise and aims to enable the economic development of floating wind farms.
Its floater solution:
- Is light
- has low motions and accelerations at nacelle level
- is modular to facilitate high levels of industrialization
- is reliable through application of field proven components
- does not require special construction or port infrastructure (no dry dock)
- has minimal draft at load out
- Is installable with light and standard means
- Has a reduced footprint at seabed
- Is easy to decommission
The floater solution has reached an advanced stage of development. Together, the 2 partners are targeting floating wind pilot projects, particularly in France, which is taking significant steps to develop the floating wind industry.
SBM Offshore - Technology - FLOATING WIND TURBINE (
PDF - 1 Mo)
o Long-term experience in the offshore sector: creation of Technip from IFPEN technologies
o Active member of the R&D network in France and around the world: Ancre, IEA Wind
+ IFPEN Research themes > New energies > Offshore wind and ocean energy development