2 minutes of reading
25-28 October 2020
Paris - France
ESAT 2020 conference will be the 31st meeting in a series of applied thermodynamics conferences initiated in 1974 by Helmut Knapp.
The conference covers:
- new experimental achievements,
- prediction of thermophysical properties of complex systems,
- molecular and statistical thermodynamics,
- molecular modeling and simulation,
all of this in view of practical applications.
The recent efforts in the various fields have resulted in models, methods, tools, insights and data that allow not only solving academic problems but also contribute substantially to industrial research and process/product design and development.
The conference offers unique opportunities to gain a state of the art overview of the various topics and to create new scientific interactions and collaborations.
A strong contribution from industry is expected through the IUT workshop. In addition to plenary lectures, oral presentations in parallel sessions and poster sessions, we plan to propose pitches for young researchers, hold a round table discussion focused on a topic central to industry and encourage industrial stands.
The ESAT conference is organized in cooperation with (as joint events):
- the SAFT2020 seminar;
- the Working Party on Thermodynamics and Transport Properties:
- the fifth IUT (Industrial Use of Thermodynamics) seminar will be held focusing on the use of electrolyte thermodynamics in industry,
- the distinguished lecture award will be granted on that occasion to a senior member of the community,
- the Section on Energy of the European Federation of Chemical Engineers, with a special session related to the use of thermodynamic tools to improve energy efficiency of processes.
Jean-Charles De Hemptinne
IFP Energies nouvelles - Applied Physical Chemistry and Mechanics Division
01 47 52 71 28 - ESAT2020@ifpen.fr
Mines-ParisTech - Centre Thermodynamique des Procédés
01 64 69 49 62 - email@example.com
IFP Energies nouvelles - Communications Division
Rueil-Malmaison - France
01 47 52 67 21 - ESAT2020@ifpen.fr