2 minutes of reading
31st meeting in a series of applied thermodynamics conferences; Virtual Conference (5-9 July 2021)
The conference covered:
- new experimental achievements,
- prediction of thermophysical properties of complex systems,
- molecular and statistical thermodynamics,
- molecular modeling and simulation,
all of this in view of practical applications.
The recent efforts in the various fields have resulted in models, methods, tools, insights and data that allow not only solving academic problems but also contribute substantially to industrial research and process/product design and development.
The conference has offered a unique opportunities to gain a state of the art overview of the various topics and to create new scientific interactions and collaborations.
A strong contribution from industry is expected through the IUT workshop. In addition to plenary lectures, oral presentations in parallel sessions and poster sessions, we have proposed pitches for young researchers, a round table discussion focused on a topic central to industry and industrial stands.
The ESAT conference was organized in cooperation with (as joint events):
- the SAFT2021 seminar;
- the Working Party on Thermodynamics and Transport Properties:
- the fifth IUT (Industrial Use of Thermodynamics) seminar will be held focusing on the use of electrolyte thermodynamics in industry,
- the distinguished lecture award will be granted on that occasion to a senior member of the community,
- the Section on Energy of the European Federation of Chemical Engineers, with a special session related to the use of thermodynamic tools to improve energy efficiency of processes.
The following conferences of the keynote speakers and EFCE awards are available in replay:
- Keynote speaker, Antoon ten Kate, Nouryon - Electrolytes in industry: worth their salt-
- Keynote speaker, Joachim Gross, Univ. Stuttgart - A new approach for constructing analytic equations of state
- EFCE Michael Michelsen award lecture 2020, Gabriele Sadowski, TU Dortmund - Thermodynamics for Pharmaceutical Development
- EFCE Junior researcher Excellence award, A. Aasen, Accurate cubic equation of state for quantum fluid mixtures
The European Seminar of Applied Thermodynamics was initiated in 1974 by Helmut Knapp. His intuition led to a close cooperation between industrial experts, experimentalists and theoretical scientists in chemical engineering thermodynamics.
Picture from Knapp: “Physical Properties in process design
past, present and future” (1986) Fluid Phase Equilibria, 29, p1-21
The meeting is now held every year except every third year where the world community joins in the Properties and Phase Equilibriafor Product and Process Design (PPEPPD) meeting.
|30th||2018||The Czech Academy of science||Prague||Czech Republic|
|29th||2017||Polytechnic Univ. Bucarest||Bucarest||Romania|
|28th||2015||Nat. Tech. Univ. Athens||Athens||Greece|
|27th||2014||Eindhoven University of technology||Eindhoven||The Netherlands|
|26th||2012||TU Berlin and DECHEMA||Potsdam||Germany|
St. Petersburg State Univ, Russian Acad. Sci,
|24th||2009||ETSE. Univ, Santiago de Compostela||Santiago de Compostela||Spain|
|22th||2006||Tech. Univ. Denmark||Elsinore||Denmark|
|21th||2005||Warsaw Univ. of Tech||Jurata||Poland|
|20th||2003||VDI-GCV, Dusseldorf + Bayer AG,
Leverkusen + Univ. Kaiserslautem
|19th||2002||Nat. Tech. Univ. Athens||Santorini||Greece|
|18th||2000||ICT, Prague + ICPF, Prague||Kutna Hora||Czech Republic|
|17th||1999||Univ. Porto + Univ. Aveiro||Vilamoura||Portugal|
|16th||1997||Univ. Metz + ENSIC-INPL, Nancy||Pont-a-Mousson||France|
|15th||1996||ICI, Runcom||Runcom||United Kingdom|
|14th||1994||Nat. Tech. Univ. Athens||Marathon||Greece|
|12th||1991||Tech. Univ. Berlin||Berlin||Germany|
|11th||1990||Tech. Univ. Denmark||Rungsted||Denmark|
|9th||1987||Norsk Hydro, Posgrunn||Bergen||Norway|
|6th||1982||Institut Français du Pétrol||Rueil Malmaison||France|
|5th||1980||Linde AG, Munchen||Sachrang||Germany|
|4th||1979||Shell, Amsterdam||Amsterdam||The Netherlands|
|3th||1978||Tech. Univ. Denmark||Lyngby||Denmark|
|2th||1976||Tech. Univ. Berlin||Berlin (West)||Germany|
|1th||1974||Tech. Univ. Berlin||Berlin (West)||Germany|