30 minutes of reading
IFPEN analyses in this study the 2016 evolution of global investment in the field of exploration-production and refining.
Trends in oil and gas prices
- Is recovery in sight, or is another crisis coming?
- OPEC and shale oil: and the winner is…?
- Natural gas prices are expected to rise in 2017
Investment in exploration/production: in sharp decline for the second consecutive year - the first time this has happened since 1986
- Another sharp decline in investment in 2016
- Contrasting trends from region to region
The global drilling market
- Onshore and offshore drilling
- The global drilling and services market
Geophysical: global activity and markets
- Geophysical activity
- The global geophysical market
Offshore construction: market and business
- Offshore construction and services
- The global offshore construction market
A significant reduction in refining projects (atmospheric distillation and conversion)
- Refining margins fall in 2016, but no collapse
- Expenditure peaks in 2016 then falls in 2017
- Sharp decline in projects to expand and / or build new processing capacity
- Over-capacity falls between 2015 and 2016
- Will investment recover after 2017?
> Download the report (PDF - 1.6 Mo)
Trends in oil and gas prices - Guy Maisonnier - email@example.com
Investments in exploration-production - Geoffroy Hureau - firstname.lastname@example.org:
Upstream activities and markets - Sylvain Serbutoviez - email@example.com:
Investment in refining - Constancio Silva - firstname.lastname@example.org