1. Why a personal data protection notice?
The purpose of this personal data protection notice is to inform you about how your personal data are processed on the www.ifpenergiesnouvelles.com website (hereafter referred to as “the Website”), within the context of application of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and the amended French Data Protection Law of 6 January 1978.
This Notice explains which personal data are processed and how they may be used.
2. What is meant by personal data?
Personal data refers to any information relating directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable person. A surname, first name, postal or electronic address, a telephone number or an IP address are all examples of personal data.
You can visit the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL, French Data Protection Authority) website to find out more about the exact nature of personal data, the processing of personal data and the broad principles of data protection.
3. Who is responsible for processing the data?
Your personal data are processed by a legal entity, IFP Energies nouvelles (IFPEN), a French State-owned industrial and commercial establishment, sis 1 et 4, avenue de Bois-Préau, 92852 Rueil-Malmaison Cedex. IFPEN is the data controller, i.e., it is the body that defines the objectives and procedures for processing your personal data.
4. When are your data collected?
Depending on how you interact with IFPEN, the latter may collect your personal data as described below.
Your personal data are collected:
- When you browse the Website, via cookies placed on your computer;
- When you complete and send back the form present on the Website (subscription to newsletters, subscription to events, etc.). Fields on the form marked with an asterisk are required and must be completed for the request to be processed correctly. If they are not completed, IFPEN will be unable to respond to your request.
5. In what ways do we use your personal data?
You will be informed about what IFPEN does with your personal data at the time they are collected.
The personal data collected when you use the Website enable us to:
- manage your subscription to newsletters;
- manage your subscription to organized events;
- follow up requests made via the Website’s contact page;
- take into account notifications relating to changes to the Website you may have requested (preferred themes, notification frequency and changes made).
6. Who has access to your personal data?
The personal data collected by IFPEN are for the exclusive use, within their competence, of IFPEN’s internal departments responsible for Website communication and management, as well as its subcontractors, within the context of the execution of services associated with the use of the Website and the management of communications sent by IFPEN (communication agencies, routing service providers).
7. How long are your personal data kept for?
Your personal data are kept for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes described.
You will be informed about how long they will be kept at the time they are collected or when you first enter into contact with IFPEN.
8. What rights do you have regarding your data?
In accordance with the regulations applicable and under the conditions defined within them, you can, at any time, exercise your:
- Right to access: you can ask IFPEN for information concerning the processing of your personal data and a copy of the aforementioned data.
- Right to rectification: you can request the rectification of inaccurate personal data when data held by IFPEN are incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to ask IFPEN to erase your personal data when one of the reasons specified by the regulations exists (redundancy of the data, withdrawal of your consent for processing based on the latter, etc.).
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time.
- Right to portability of your personal data: you have the right to receive your personal data in a readable format.
- Right to restriction: you may ask IFPEN to suspend the processing of your personal data when one of the reasons specified by the regulations exists (data accuracy challenged, etc.).
- Within the framework of the conditions defined by the regulations, you also have the right to define general or specific directives relating to the use of your personal data following your death.
When your personal data are processed with your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time. However, you are informed that any processing carried out prior to this withdrawal of consent will remain valid.
9. How can your exercise your rights?
You can exercise your rights by contacting our Data Protection Officer, with proof of your identity, via:
- email to DPO@ifpen.fr
- post to IFP Energies nouvelles – Déléguée à la protection des données (Data Protection Officer) - 1 et 4, avenue de Bois-Préau, 92852 - Rueil-Malmaison Cedex
You may, at any time, request that no further communications be sent by IFPEN, by clicking on the subscription cancellation link present with each communication.
IFPEN makes every effort to protect your personal data. However, should you consider that their processing breaches your rights or that your request has not be satisfied, you may submit a complaint to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL).
10. What cookies are used on the Website?
IFPEN uses different cookies on the Website to improve its interactivity and its features. Session cookies are required to ensure the Website operates correctly. Such cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Other cookies placed on your computer with your prior consent are also used, namely:
- Audience measurement cookies are used by the Website to compile a range of statistics (number of visits, number of pages viewed, internet user activity on the Website);
- Cookies to enable multimedia content on the Website (videos) to be viewed;
- Cookies aimed at improving the interactivity and promotion of the Website, enabling you to share some content on social media.
When you visit the Website for the first time, a banner informs you of the presence of these cookies and asks you to specify your choice. They are only placed on your computer if you accept them or if you continue to browse by visiting a second page of the Website. You can find out about cookies and adjust your settings to either accept or block them at any time.
For Mozilla firefox :
Personal data collected using cookies are kept for a period of thirteen (13) months from the time of your first visit to the Website.
11. Modification of the Personal Data Protection Notice
IFPEN reserves the right to modify or, more generally, update the general provisions of the current Notice at any time and without prior warning. You are therefore invited to consult it regularly.