In a few words
Christophe Preux graduated from the MATMECA engineering school (+ DEA in applied mathematics) (2003) before completing his doctoral thesis at the University of Bordeaux 1 in partnership with the CEA-CESTA (2006) in Modeling, Applied Mathematics and Scientific computation. In 2021 he defended his HDR at Sorbonne University in modeling and numerical simulation.
He joined IFPEN in 2006 as a research engineer in reservoir simulation. In 2013, he became project manager in simulation of complex fluid flows before becoming Head of the department of physico-chemistry of complex fluids and materials.
He is the author of 9 patents and more than 15 articles WOS.
IFPEN’s disciplinary fields
Modeling of polymer flows, surface tension modeling, physico-chemistry
Areas of expertise
- P. Charrier, B. Dubroca, C. Preux, Computation of effective transport coefficients of a microscale gas flow, Bulletin of the Institut of Mathematics, Academia Sinica (New Series), Volume 2, No. 2, pp. 297-328, June 2007.
- G.L. Vignoles, P. Charrier, C. Preux, B. Dubroca, Rarefied Pure Gas Transport in Non-Isothermal Porous Media: Effective Transport properties from Homogenization of the Kinetic Equation, Transport in Porous Media, Vol. 73, pp. 211-232, 2007
- G.L. Vignoles, P. Charrier, C. Preux, B. Dubroca, Rarefied Pure Gas Transport in Non-isothermal Porous Media: Validation and Tests of the Model, Transport in Porous Media, Vol. 75, pp. 295-317, 2008.
- R. Deschamps, N. Guy, C. Preux, O. Lerat, Analysis of heavy oil recovery by thermal EOR in a Meander Belt: from geological to reservoir modelling, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, Vol. 67, N° 6, Novembre - Décembre 2012
Dossier: Challenges and New Approaches in EOR
pp 999 – 1018 DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.2516/ogst/2012015, 6 Février 2013
- C. Preux, About the use of quality indicators to reduce information loss when performing upscaling, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, Volume 71, Number 1, January–February 2016
- S. V. Ayache, V. Lamoureux-Var, P. Michel, C. Preux, Reservoir Simulation of Hydrogen Sulfide Production During a Steam-Assisted-Gravity-Drainage Process by Use of a New Sulfur-Based Compositional Kinetic Model, SPE 174441, DOI: 10.2118/174441-PA, 2016
- S. Leray, F. Douarche, R. Tabary, Y. Peysson, P. Moreau, C. Preux, Multi-objective Assisted Inversion of Chemical EOR Corefloods for improving the predictive capacity of numerical models, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 146, October 2016, Pages 1101–1115
- C. Preux, M. Le Ravalec, G. Enchéry, Selecting an appropriate upscaled reservoir model based on connectivity analysis, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, Volume 71, Number 5, September–October 2016
- B. Braconnier, C. Preux, E. Flauraud, Q-H Tran, C. Berthon, An Analysis of Physical Models and Numerical Schemes for Polymer Flooding Simulations, Computational Geosciences, Volume 21, Issue 5–6, pp 1267–1279, 2017
- I. Malinouskaya, C. Preux, N. Guy, G. Etienne, Impact of geomechanical effects during SAGD process in a meander belt, Oil & Gas Science and Technology - Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, 73 (2018) 17, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2516/ogst/2018011
- B. Braconnier, C. Preux, F. Douarche, B. Bourbiaux, MUSCL scheme for single well chemical tracer test simulation, design and interpretation, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, 74 (2019) 10, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2516/ogst/2018090
- C. Preux, I. Malinouskaya, Reservoir simulation model calibration methodology with polymer flooding based on laboratory experiments, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Vol. 181, October (2019), DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2019.06.040
- C. Preux, I. Malinouskaya, Q.L. Nguyen, E. Flauraud, S. Ayache, Reservoir-Simulation Model with Surfactant Flooding Including Salinity and Thermal Effect, Using Laboratory Experiments, SPE-196663-PA, SPE Journal, mars 2020, DOI: https://doi.org/10.2118/196663-PA
- I. Malinouskaya, C. Preux, A. Martin, A. Delbos, Modelisation of surfactant flooding - Methodology for determining the interfacial tension function of concentration and salinity, Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, Volume 195, December 2020, 107894, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.petrol.2020.107894
- K. Laurent, E. Flauraud, C. Preux, Q-H Tran, C. Berthon, Design of coupled finite volume schemes minimizing the grid orientation effect in reservoir simulation, Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 425, 15 January 2021, 109923, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2020.109923
- C. Preux, I. Malinouskaya, Thermal conductivity model function of porosity: review and fitting using experimental data, Oil Gas Sci. Technol. – Rev. IFP Energies nouvelles, Volume 76, Number 66, Oct. 2021, https://doi.org/10.2516/ogst/2021047