Biofuels and e-fuels
- Scientific and technical expertise stemming from process development, present throughout the biofuel value chain
- catalysis and biocatalysis,
- chemical engineering,
- process engineering,
- dimensioning and design of pilot units and demonstrators, analysis.
- Pilot units at the IFP-Lyon site and demonstrators of the key building blocks in the biofuel production chain for application on an industrial scale
- A value chain approach integrating
- technical and economic aspects with cost and profitability analyses
- foresight with demand evolution scenarios and impacts on resources (biomass, electricity CO2, etc.)
- life cycle analyses (LCA) with evaluation of the environmental impacts of each low-carbon fuel production process. This approach makes it possible to identify the levers for improving environmental performances and thus to guide R&D towards technologies with a lower impact on the environment.
- A trusted third-party role: technical and regulatory expertise, recognized and sought by the public authorities, the sector’s industrial players and the press.
Innovation and Industry