• Partnerships to support our industrial partners in the development and validation of their technologies.
• Industrial partnerships for the joint development of our technological products.
• A modeling-based approach, adapted for a range of products to reduce the development cycle time.
• The capacity to produce prototypes making it possible to:
- validate the technological promise of the various building blocks developed,
- take into account industrialization constraints from the outset.
• Comprehensive and specific experimentation facilities: engine test benches, electric engine test benches, HIL test benches, rolling test benches, battery test benches, climatic test benches, optical diagnosis, ORC test benches, fuel cell test benches
• A differentiated control approach based on predictive control algorithms capable of adaptation to the different applications covered by our industrial partners.
At the Rueil site, a vehicle test bench and an electric engine test bench consolidate IFPEN’s capacity to work on electric powertrains and their power electronics, and reinforce its range of hybrid and electric vehicle evaluation services.
In 2021, the Lyon site acquired:
- a new test bench for a hydrogen IC engine,
- a fuel cell test bench with a power of 210 kW that will be used to test complete fuel cell systems for automobile applications as well as for buses, trucks and non-road machinery.
A test platform has also been set up in partnership with EREM. Thanks to this platform, it is possible to conduct endurance test campaigns covering several motor-inverter pairings.